Re: Converting metal cabinet to tool cabinet - suggestions

I recently acquired a lab cabinet (metal 2 doors 3'x6'x18" deep) and wanted

>to convert the removable shelves to peg board mounted to the inside of the >doors and the inside surfaces of the cabinet to replace my existing wall >mounted peg board setup. However thinking about it I recall seeing in some >magazines what I call master woodworker tool boxes and wall cabinets that >seem to hold a lot of stuff in a very compact space. I was thinking that if >I was clever enough I could mount board, shelves and even a second interior >door that would fold out that I could even hang more stuff. Alas I am unable >to recall where I saw these pictures. I would like to use this cabinet to >store typical hanging tools and drill bit boxes and maybe even a box at the >bottom to hold a skill saw, table saw blades etc. > >Suggestions to the layout, pictures, any help would be welcome....

I've been wanting a METAL cabinet for years to store my paints, varnishes, and flammable solvents. Much safer than storing them a on shelf.

I find pegboards with custom-made wooden holders with metal L hooks are the best for storing my tools. I might want a metal cabinet for tools to protect them from moisture. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Reply to
Phisherman