Re: Changing the blade on the Dewalt 703

I swear I tried that same thing, but the guard didn't act like it would slide. There was a backet holding the guard onto the housing. Maybe some trick to lowering the guard and then sliding back. From the design it looks like something like that was intended.
I don't want to ruin this chopmaster blade so I'm taking it off when I don't know what I'm going to be cutting. :)
Blue wrote:

Thomas wrote:>Does anyone know if Dewalt really expects the user to take the blade

Is the screw holding the cover plate situated in a FORKED flange? My old DeWalt CMS just needs a loosening and sliding of the forked attachment. Granted, that's too much work to do, also. Tom

I have that saw. I've only changed the blade out once and didn't have to take of the guard. The guard needs to be held all the way back as I recall. There is a procedure outlined in the manual - but since I'm at work I cannot for the life of me remember the actual procedure. But I do remember that I did not have to take anything off the saw.