Re: Biesemeyer Splitter

One would think that with as little material that goes into the actual splitter and that it is not a technical wonder to manufacture that it would not take years and years for Biesemeyer to come up with a SLIGHTLY different mount to accommodate all the popular brand saws. The profit certainly seems to be good enough to justify the R&D.

Boy, isn't that the truth. There can't be over $3 worth of materials in the whole thing including the chrome and spring. And the pawls surely aren't sharpened by hand. SOMEONE needs to step in here and make a killing while helping everybody else out. Bies charges $130 for theirs when I bought mine (5 years ago) and while I won't run my saw without it, it is very overpriced.
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:56:24 GMT, "Leon"

think of how many they would have soled at $79, I have one on my wish list but cant justify the cost. Maybe after my first paying job :-)