Re: any use for 9" benchtop drill press?

Mike ...
<<I don't have a whole lot of space as it is, but if there is a reason I'm not thinking of to keep it, I might consider it.>>
Maybe you could throw a beater into the chuck and use it as Tim Allen-style (MORE POWER!) drink mixer. <g>
Lee
I'm thinking of using my mini-grizzly for a boat anchor......
(probably not bad for what it is.....what was I thinking??)
Guess I won't be picking up one of those !
djd

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:06:24 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Add something like this;
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp ;jsessionid=4UJ4RTP0NDIJ5CJO2C4CKTQ?tsh988&id906
New spare table type sander for odd and ends - enjoy it as long as it lasts till the dust gets it one way or another! Least you'll get your full value out of it that way.
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
How about as a small drum sander, possibly as a vertical lathe or with a better chuck for much smaller bits you could use it for model making.
If that doesn't doit for you you can always send the machine to me! I'm sure I'd find a use for it.
Thanks Dave
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:06:24 +0000, Mike in Mystic wrote:

David A. Frantz wrote:

Easier to control tools on a horizontal lathe. Turn the drill press on its back.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:06:24 +0000, Mike in Mystic wrote:

I use my HF version a lot for sharpening. I use the Woodcraft Power strop in it at 600 RPM as a final touch up for chisels and plane blades.
-Doug
I have seen one converted into an oscilating drum sander. The head was mounted upside down and the unit mounted in a box. A second motor was used to turn the handle with a cam to make the drum move up and down.
I think we have the same drill press and I plan to convert mine when I get a better drill press.
Rob

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:06:24 GMT, Mike in Mystic wrote:

There's an excellent woodturner in my area, that describes some of his methods on his website. One of his more surprising tricks is to use his drill press as a makeshift veneer press! http://www.turnedwood.com/FrameMiterBowl.html for more info...
If you find you can use this concept too, it might not be a bad idea to keep the old drill press around as a dedicated veneer press.
david
--
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.