Re: Another kitchen bites the dust UPDATED PHOTOS

Finally

These are the new "as built"photos of the last kitchen remodel/refresh (after the BEFORE pictures), and are the ones real estate broker's photographer took for the listing.

You can now see how the old and new maple cabinets, with stain and toner, turned out and, of course, a couple of Leon's now infamous "Domino Drawers":

like it ... these photos show what a killer job Linda does job with interiors ... the counter tops, back splash, tile floor, as well as the color coordination, as usual.

Don't know how long the following link will stay live, but this is the entire remodel that is online for the listing ... not bad for five weeks work on a late 1940's home:

Swingman

Brilliant work, as usual. I would expect no less. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks, Mike.

Whatever camera that dude is using is what I want ...

Reply to
Swingman

Five weeks? Mais, with all those fancy tools you have, Boudreaux coulda done that in 7 -10 days.

Excellent work. That's an impressive remodel, like having a new home. ^5 to Linda. Take that girl out to dinner!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hey Karl and Leon, I would take those "Domino Drawers" and make them a strong marketing point. Put together a strong presentation of those drawers. I would also make up some samples that can be taken with you to show to prospective customers. Show them the well documented process of how the drawers are made. Show them a little something on the domino tool itself. Emphasize the fact that this is a technology and process that is not done by everybody. That you guys have embraced this technology because it allows you to offer a superior product. You can also point out the the dust extractor allows you to sand in the house with little or no dust.

I would suggest making up some samples with different kinds of wood. Give them a choice. Between an online presentation, a portable presentation and something that can be physically handled, you can really put it into their hands and minds that you offer a superior product. Also do some conventional dovetail drawers to compare them. Remember, the more choices, the easier it is to say yes to something. With just two or three choices, it is easier to say no.

Remember, the cardinal rule of marketing is differentiation. How am I different than the other guys? How am I unique? Domino Drawers certainly fills that criteria. And as a builder/cabinet maker who embraces this kind of leading European technology, you are a modern day craftsman. And they can expect good things from you. This, of course, would be in addition to all the things that you obviously do well already. A little extra sparkle and kinetic aspect to the presentation.

Just a thought I thought I would share with you guys. Some of my old marketing background coming out I guess. I hope you don't mind.

Looks nice. Good job.

You are being too modest. I am sure that Linda definitely contributed to the overall success of the project. But Karl, Leon and company had something to do with it as well! ;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Looks like it has a pretty wide angle capability and the HDR is pretty good too. Absolutely has some HDR going on.

Kitchen looks great BTY and WOW! I did not realize you doubled its length and width!!! . :~)

Reply to
Leon

NIKON D700/16mm lens, according to some of the photo details.

Too rich for my blood ... would rather buy some Festool and leave the photography to the photographers.

Reply to
Swingman

I had very little to do with this one.

Reply to
Leon

Not at all, Lee. Input is always welcome. I am "portfolio" conscious and carry one with me on my iPad at all times during work hours (there's an app for that), and although I've always taken the time to document projects with photographs (often to the extreme), my equipment remains the weak link in that endeavor.

Robert/nailshooter is indeed correct about having a good camera, but I no longer relish spending the money and/or taking the time to be proficient with one.

And, I can, and will, talk a blue goose out of the clouds in my favor ... AAMOF, about the only one who can top me in that regard is Robert himself ... two times.

Right Leon? :)

Reply to
Swingman

But, but, the Nikon D700 is dustless and quiet, two aspects that Festool is well known for. How can you buy one its attributes and dismiss the other one?

:)

Reply to
Dave

The Festool of cameras Hasselblad H4D

Ed Pawlowski

So's a Maxi-pad ...

license and a full tank.

Reply to
Swingman

Beautiful work, shame that the outlet in the island wasn't set just 1/2" lower so the cover plate wasn't hanging in space...

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Good eye, but alas, it is only a temporary cover, which is required for the final inspection, so no shame involved. :)

The actual receptacle cover for the island is a wooden (maple) decorator plate stained the same as the island.

Nice thing about these wooden plates, because they are made a bit taller than standard plastic covers, than can also be cut down to fit with the same angle as the raised panel. I'll try to get a photo for you this next week.

On that note, the preference was for no electric on the island, but that is in violation of our local NEC version, which requires at least one receptacle on an island with a countertop space of 24" x 12" or greater.

Reply to
Swingman

And, before the NEC/electric police take issue ... that is, of course, a GFCI receptacle that is required.

Reply to
Swingman

Only a modicum of skill is needed these days. With the advent of $150 monster cameras with really wide angle lenses, as George Lucas is known to say about problems, "you can fix that in editing". Got this camera about a year ago

my other favorite started becoming unreliable. I use both still shots as well as short videos. I am really pleased with everything except the fact that it records video in Quicktime. The older camera was good for about 12 - 14,000 shots and hundreds of hours of inspection videos, so this one is just getting broken in. And with

16GB of Class 10 memory only $15, I have stills and video everywhere.

I edit with Xnview and its plug ins. It's free and mighty easy to use. IIRC, many, many years ago someone recommended it right here on the wrec.

I take a lot of pictures these days but nothing so interesting as your work. Most of mine is CYA stuff since almost all I do these days are a lot of repairs. I document rotten wood, penetration points of leaks, termites, incorrect wiring, code violations, etc. In some cases I provide annotated pictures (CMA = cover MY ass) of serious matters that void warranties or could create safety problems.

Sure, drag Leon in it. You don't need any help, Karl! ;^) :^) You can hold your own, and I can take it. I have Butch on my side!

All kidding aside, that kitchen is another really nice job. You and team "Caillouet" always do nice stuff. Unlike you, I don't mind those remodels. If I had turned that out, I would be pretty proud.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41