Random Question but Business Related...

Anyone out there using Twitter to update their customers, etc?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

I'm normally on top of net technology and ready to embrace it, but in the case of twitter I just can't see how it would fit in my business and no one has been able to convince me otherwise.

Most of my clients, sales reps, sub's, etc. use Blackberries and either e-mail, texting, and blackberry messenger are targeted, to the point, instant communications.

Maybe I'm finally turning into a Luddite in my old age ...

Reply to
Swingman

Ditto

Ditto

Nope. You use what works. So do I. We are business owners/operators. Not high-school kids.

Reply to
Robatoy

I haven't done twitter, but did set up a facebook business page. Can't say that it's been worth it so far, and facebook doesn't notify you when someone posts on it which is just terrible. Unless you go through and look at everything you've ever posted every day you have no idea if someone asked a question about something you posted months ago.

Here's my page:

've been doing a sort of photo blog of the latest project.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Looking good! I think that's a good idea, and even though it may be slow, the price is right. :)

I'm of the opinion that FB, at least for the time being, is not a bad place for a woodworker wanting to throw a line out for a bit of side business to consider putting up a business related page, as you have done.

IME, most woodworking jobs traditionally come for word of mouth, and what better place than a _network_ of friends, their friends, and folks with whom you've done business ... and every bit of exposure helps.

That said, FB is arguably a company looking to parlay _your_ information into their profit, so any personal aspects of a page should be flying a red flag of warning, IMO.

Actually, I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself, but only got far enough to set a group page, which she is just getting off the ground, for SWMBO's 20 year old non-profit:

've had a personal FB page for a few years, but, with the privacy aspect locked down about as tight as FB allows, it would not be at all satisfactory for anything business related.

Although it does have some woodworking links, almost all of my long time FB friends, with the exception of four wRec'ers, are musicians I've played with, and people I worked with in the recording studio over the years ... and that's proven to be a great way for musicians to network with each other, and fans, _for profit_, so the same should hold for woodworkers.

Reply to
Swingman

Kevin if you go into your account settings there should be a setting for notifications. Under that section you can turn on emailing you when someone posts, etc.

Reply to
Dale Miller

Only on personal accounts, the business pages are a whole nuther animal. You can get around it by "liking" everything you post on the business page with your personal account, but then you look like a shmuck.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin