Somewhat OT but related to uk.d-i-y

Is it possible to save a question and the thread of answers from a newsgroup. If so how?

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

|Is it possible to save a question and the thread of answers from a |newsgroup. |If so how?

With Agent you have to do message->keep for every post.

Groups.google archives things forever. AFAIK no one uses X-No-Archive yes on uk,d-i-y

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Forgot about GG I use news.datemas.de and readfreenews.net but sometimes do not see original/first message

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

|> |Is it possible to save a question and the thread of answers from a |> |newsgroup. |> |If so how? |>

|> With Agent you have to do message->keep for every post. |>

|> Groups.google archives things forever. |> AFAIK no one uses X-No-Archive yes on uk,d-i-y

|Forgot about GG |I use news.datemas.de and readfreenews.net but sometimes do not see |original/first message

I use News.individual.net, (Berlin free university) which is very good for text newsgroups at only 10 Euro per year.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I see you are using Outlook Express as a news client.

In the folder pane on the left, right-click 'Local Folders', and create a new local folder called something like 'Saved interesting posts' or whatever.

Now, go to the newsgroup you want, and make sure the thread you want to save is collapsed, not expanded up.

Now, simply drag the message into the 'Saved' folder. So long as the thread was collapsed, all the sub-posts in the thread will be copied there along with the top level post.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Thank you Ron - did not know you could do that with newsgroup threads

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

No way of locking then so they don't expire?

But on mine I simply highlight the thread title and export.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)