Rand

has anyone heard of Rand tools? what is the quality

Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

Terry - What kind of tools?

Rand or Ingersoll Rand

sells a whole host of industrial and automotive tools including compressors, air and impact tools and accessories, construction equipment, etc. With regard to woodworking they are probably best known for compressors, sanding and finishing equipment.

I believe there was a Rand predecessor to the Ingersoll Rand brands but cannot remember what they offered - Anyone else??

Reply to
RonB

Can't swing a dead cat on eBay without numerous hits coming up.

Probably in line with the price you pay.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Then there was Remington-Rand. Office machines.

Reply to
George

Unrelated company though. Ingersoll-Rand dates back to the 1870s and was always an air-tool company, the result of the merger of Ingersoll Rock Drill with the Rand & Waring Drill & Compressor Company in 1905. Remington-Rand dates to the 1920s and results from the merger of Remington Typewriter with Rand Kardex.

Reply to
J. Clarke

AAAHHHH yes indeed, my good man. Born right here in Missouri. Quality??? Seemed okay to me.

right here at the Boone County Fair...sheriff closed down her show, however, because he said," she left too little to the imagination."

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Amazing! I didn't know they were made of wood though.

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

I love it! Clear, accurate, to the point.

What WERE we talking about - I forgot.

show,

Reply to
RonB

So far no one has mentioned Rand McNally or Ayn Rand or Randy Newman or Dresser-Rand or Randy Travis or Rand-Scot Inc. or Frederick S. Pardee Rand Graduate School or Randy Bachman

or it could be...

?ViewItem&category=20780&item=4315803929
over Jet.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Companies seem to buy and sell each other at such a rate, swapping names, stock and management, and making whatever makes bucks, almost any seems possible.

I still remember an assigned M-1, manufactured by Rock-Ola, which was immediately right, in the rack, of an IBM....

Reply to
George

Also a verb,

I got a new car and Rand the wheels off it.

Reply to
Leon

The name and tool, band saw, came up when doing a search on EBay. I'd never heard of the company. It turns out they also make some other stuff. Some of the specs looked good...but it is hard to tell in the pictures Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

This appears to be yet another "rand", neither Remington- nor Ingersoll-. I'd want to see the tool and an address for the manufacturer before I even thought about buying.

Reply to
J. Clarke

A while back it is the scroll saw that had me searching the 'net for a maker's website but I found nothing and no link or reference on the IR site, so.... I would not doubt that IR is controlling production of these tools in China, who knows. No doubt an email to IR and these sellers will reveal something. It all LOOKS like decent tools... it don't tell nuthin'.

...hope this helps, Alex

suncoastdeals:

?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=summitcentral&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50metal cutting band saw
mixer (non WW)
" brad nailer
press
" wet tile saw (non WW)
tile / stone saw (non WW)
"x12" wood lathe
pc. wood lathe turning tool set
" cut-off saw
crown staple gun
" wood jointer
1/2" thickness planer
" scroll saw
bandsaw (?")
machine
volt cordless hammer drill
inflator gun with dial gauge (non WW)
electric winch 6000lb. (possibly WW)

AArDvarK

You found no reference to the tools on the IR site, so you don't doubt IR is controlling production of the tools?

I see no evidence at all the Ingersoll-Rand has anything to do with these tools, just as you do. But it leads me to believe that some entrepreneurial type is looking to make a buck or six off the latest brand name from China, not that IR is involved.

Charlie Self "Democracy is a process by which people are free to choose the man who will get the blame." Laurence J. Peter

Reply to
Charlie Self

generic chinese bottom end stuff. you're probably better off buying that kind of equipment from harbor freight. not that the tools will be better, but at least there is somebody there for you to return it to for warranty processing when it explodes....

Reply to
bridger

Well NO SHIT man... that's exactly what I said in my last sentence. Take a look. But it also means IR COULD be doing it, just not saying anything about it. I think some bigger companies do that.

Remember? "It don't tell nuthin' "

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Oh man! How thick do you have to be?

Listen up.

China, is found on a map.

Maps, are made by Rand McNally.

Are you there yet?

Seems to me you're sniffing the wrong crotch if you think Ingersol Rand has any controlling interest in Rand wooddorking machines when it's as plan as the face behind your nose who is really pulling the strings over there.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

... then I am rich. richy-rich indeed. Why not you ask IR and tell the group? I don't feel like typing them an email, I do enough typing in this group and your sarcasm is undesirable to me. you prove absolutely nothing, especially in your understanding of the possibility of giant corporate business doings. What it takes is the genuine understanding of the size in population of the USA alone, over 270 million people and there is no reason IR would not be doing it considering massive financial resourses unless they they simply ...

"aren't"

are YOU there yet?

Alex

Reply to