raised floor with dust collection

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 10:41:04 -0500

right the collector needs to provide enough power and also filter the big chunks
i did not see the collector unit in the pictures

looked to me like they needed to get to work and not sweat the small stuff
he could always go back and fix those up
On 2/20/2016 5:05 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

That's like installing drywall on the ceiling of a basement, covering all pipes and electrical. When something goes wrong, have fun tearing it all apart to gain access. Not wise, IMO.
On 2/20/2016 10:05 PM, Meanie wrote:

How about sewer lines? They clog up and you run a snake. If for some reason this clogs up, which "shouldn't" happen, could he run a snake? Otherwise, I'd want the boards covering the pipe to be removable. That's how I'd do it.
On my system, nothing but fine powder gets to my large pipes and fan, and they will never, ever clog up. I pre-filter everything and coming from the ceiling works fine.
--
Jack
On 2/21/2016 1:57 PM, Jack wrote:

Good point. That's something I didn't consider on the spur of the moment reply. The only drawback on that is having some sort of snake on hand unless you want to call a plumber.

Lots of joist / floor sheeting expense. Once the equipment is in place you're not going to lift the floor sheeting for repairs. Why not cut paths in the concrete. Grout over. Add cleanouts where a snake with suction and / or pressure to move the clog can be used for maintenance.

That's great if your shop setup never changes. I've been meaning to rearrange mine for over a year, but part of the problem I've got is I have to make room for the stuff I'm moving first. Life intervenes and suddenly I'm busy with work.
We all get new equipment from time to time, or have a shelf that rearranges the work shop*. If you're determined to not have stuff hanging from the ceiling, might as well make it so you can change it without too much hassle when the time comes.
* https://groups.google.com/forum /#!topic/rec.woodworking/C-rPCnMHzr8
Puckdropper