Rail & Stile router bit set

I just bought a rail and style router bit set and have a question.
After completing the cuts with the grain using one of the bits and then completing the cross-grain cuts with the other bit everything went well. I got everything assembled and that phase went well too.
I want to add a profile to the outside of the rail and style that matches the profile I already cut on the inside. To do this I could disassemble the router bit used for cutting with the grain. Is that acceptable? Will I have any alignment problems when I reassemble the bit for use on a future project?
Any advise is appreciated.
R.C.
Richard Cranium wrote:

that would work, but always having to do that will become a pita real quick. Just buy a router bit with the same profile

First off, if you cut the ends of the rails first you can clean up 1/2 of the tear out created by this procedure when running the stile bit.
Many of the rails and stile bits are shimmed from the factory. You would need to keep them in the correct order and placement. Typically a separate bit is used for this purpose.