Radial Arm saw height

I'm rearranging my shop, and have to move my radial arm saw. I have a table I could use instead of building a new stand, but it's only 30 inches tall. That's too low to use standing, but I have a workshop stool.
Good or bad idea, or should I just boost the table 6-8 inches?
font_mark asks:

I'm not real fond of stools for anything but scrollsaw work. I'd boost the stand whatever distance you think will make it more comfortable. If the table is 30" tall, how much base does your RAS have--height? 6" or less, I'd guess. That puts the whole set up in the range of a tall table saw. Your 6" to 8" lift should do it. Try it first with just the table, though. Who knows, you might like it, though I'd guess that depends on your height. My back aches to think of it, and I'm only 6'1".
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce

I've had the top of the table of my RAS at 39" for over 30 years, just the same height as my workbenches. It's quite comfortable to use standing almost erect or sitting on a stool.
Norm
The table on my 7790 sits at 42" and is quite comfortable to work at.
--
Rumpty

(Yahoo) wrote:

Bad idea IMHO -- the last thing you need, when your fingers are close to spinning saw blades, is for your balance to be a bit dicey. Boost the table.
The surface of my table saw is 37-1/2" above the floor. Perfect for me but then I'm only 5'8-1/2" I feel that when your hand is on the saw to pull it forward, your lower arm should be almost parallel with the table top. Gives a good view and control. OTOH, I wouldn't want any work table that high.
Yahoo wrote:

On Sun, 09 May 2004 12:50:00 -0700, Yahoo wrote:

I had my old RAS at about 40" from floor to table, but the new one is 37" and I like it much better - and I'm 6' 3" (fresh from the chiropractor).
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

Boost it.
RB