Questions about dust separator

I feel some leakage around the hoses in my separator. Is this o.k. or should I silicone them or somehow seal them?
Jimmy (in zyN2g.71057$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net) said:
| I feel some leakage around the hoses in my separator. Is this o.k. | or should I silicone them or somehow seal them?
That depends. Are you satisfied with the performance of the system? If so, then don't worry about the leakage. If you're not satisfied, then you might want to see what you can do to seal 'em up.
Mine leaks a bit. I'm happy with the overall performance of the system - so I don't worry about it. :-)
Yes, it's working really good. That's kinda what I thought, just wanted to check with someone else.
Thanks
said:

Mine leaks a little too, but I still get adequate suction. Someday I will give my DC system a tuneup and address the leakage. I know that hoses deteriorate over time and blast gates can leak.
Buy some good furnace duck tape the silver kind. This tape is really strong and works great to stop leaks in all types of tubing and pipes. It will make your hoses last a lot longer especially at the wear points.
Tim