5 gallon dust separator

I ran across this plan for making a 5 gallon dust separator and thought it might be of interest to those that do not have a dust collection system yet or who are just using a shop vac, I use a separator lid from Lee Valley and have been happy with it so far, but for something smaller, this might be just the ticket for them CC

CC

's not homebrew pennytech, but Clearvue Cyclones
has a proper cyclone sized to work with a shop vac and fit on a 5 gallon bucket for about 120 bucks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

fantastically well. I don't know how it compares to this particular modification, but it's an order of magnitude better than a regular separator lid, both in terms of separation and to basically be able to fill the entire container to the brim without anything being pulled through. Also it's cool being able to see it working :)

It's still not the CFMs of a real dust collector, but there are some tools for which a vac is necessary.

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65

I have a pair of clear lids from LV daisy-chained on 55-gal drums - and built a smallish ShopVac powered separator for my router table:

fairly well - especially considering that it was built from scrap materials...

Reply to
Morris Dovey