Question, your help is appreciated. How to preserve the color of redwood?

I just finished building a redwood patio table for outside. The wood was given to me by a friend, it was from his old deck, 2 x 6's and 2 x

10's. After I milled it down, it was beautiful wood. I've never worked with redwood before. I love the color of the wood. The table is under a canopy on my patio. Here's the question: To retain the freshly milled color of the redwood, would you protect it with a water sealer or use polyurethane and a final wax? I've read that redwood will turn grey in time, how can I avoid this? Thanx in advance for your help. John
Reply to
Johnboy

This stuff might do it, being an oil finish made for decks, Woodburst Chinawood Deck Oil

AArDvarK

Reply to
nospambob

Look at clear deck coatings. Cabot and Sikkens are a couple of good brands. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I've used this for decking,fences works pretty good..

Ralph