Question, your help is appreciated. How to preserve the color of redwood?

I just finished building a redwood patio table for outside. The wood was given to me by a friend, it was from his old deck, 2 x 6's and 2 x 10's. After I milled it down, it was beautiful wood. I've never worked with redwood before. I love the color of the wood. The table is under a canopy on my patio. Here's the question: To retain the freshly milled color of the redwood, would you protect it with a water sealer or use polyurethane and a final wax? I've read that redwood will turn grey in time, how can I avoid this? Thanx in advance for your help. John

This stuff might do it, being an oil finish made for decks, Woodburst Chinawood Deck Oil http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_idb30 <sale price http://www.woodburst.com/ < maker
Other than that, I know nothing. Hope this helps...
Alex
Cabot makes several clear coats.

Johnboy wrote:

Look at clear deck coatings. Cabot and Sikkens are a couple of good brands.         mahalo,     jo4hn
I've used this for decking,fences works pretty good..http://www.superdeck.com