Question about new product (to me anyway)

Anyone ever use the Matrix XtremeSaw product

'm probably going to quote a machine to drive one of these buggers in a production drilling environment, but want to know if they actually can drill a 8+ inch hole with a hand drill, etc. I'm thinking that any hole saw, regardless of design, might bog down a typical machine if it's 8" round in size...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

The only way I see this working would be if the stock was fairly thin and the feed rate was slow.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Why? It's only an edge saw, not a area drill. Just run it at appropriate linear speed (i.e. reduce rotational speed for the large diameter) and the "sawing power" required remains constant while sawing time goes up linearly with diameter (more circumference to work through).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I agree about slow and I searched unsuccessfully for anything that gave a maximum thickness. I can only assume that since they claim the construction industry has a use for it, and from the images of the blade, that it CAN cut through 3/4 sheet goods, just barely. That looks to be about its limit and they seem to be marketing it for that sort of thing.

Which, if it works, would be just fine. If I were a builder of houses or sound system speakers, that is. Nice that apparently you can change the blades.

And actually if it made a starter cut in one-inch material and I had to finish with a jigsaw or was able to go around to the other side and finish, that would probably help too.

Reply to
else24

With only 3 teeth, it probably wouldn't bog down as easy as a similar size hole saw.

Reply to
Gerald Ross