New Interior Paint Trick (new to me anyway)

I figured out how to deal with water stains and other stains on wallboard t hat insist on bleeding through the next paint coat when painting interior a reas. Get your heat gun or hair dryer handy. Paint over the stain. Dry i t immediately with the heat gun/hair dryer. Paint drys before the stain ha s a chance to bleed through.

Reply to
jamesgang

Or invest in a product designed for that use , such as Kilz or Zinnser Bullseye primer . Because that stain is eventually going to bleed thru - seen it too many times to trust anything but a product designed to block stains .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

that insist on bleeding through the next paint coat when painting interior areas. Get your heat gun or hair dryer handy. Paint over the stain. Dry it immediately with the heat gun/hair dryer. Paint drys before the stain has a chance to bleed through.

Some spray varnish matte finish will cover nicely without having any clean- up worries. Works every time

Reply to
hrhofmann

goof off or goo gone removes markers

Reply to
bob haller

Then you might have to deal with peeling or blistering because the suface dries too fast and solvent/water is trapped under the film; same reason instructions usually advise not to paint in hot direct sunlight.

Water or oil base isn't usually the answer for stain blocking; it is use of STAIN BLOCKING PRIMERS and the label will describe that feature. Most mention tannin, from oily wood like redwood and cedar. There are other stains, and coca-cola does weird stuff to new paint :o)

Reply to
Norminn

I used goo gone to remove permanent marker from our white plastic mail box....left not a trace of marker and didn't soften or dull the plastic. Amazing!

Reply to
Norminn

rd that insist on bleeding through the next paint coat when painting interi or areas. Get your heat gun or hair dryer handy. Paint over the stain. D ry it immediately with the heat gun/hair dryer. Paint drys before the stai n has a chance to bleed through.

Ok, don't try it then.

Reply to
jamesgang

Goo Gone is good stuff. Fingernail Polish Remover may also work for markers.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

a lifetime friends husband had just painted their new room addition, her 3 year old son walked around the room with markers....

i happended to stop and she was going nuts trying to clean off the markers.

i said dont fret, relax be back in a few minutes. went to the nearby home depot. returned with a bottle off goof off and one of goo gone. her huby never saw his sons drawings.

she gives bottles of this for every baby shower.

i use it for removing stuff from the machines i repair for a livng.

mostly compeitors tags on machines. i put mine on:)

Reply to
bob haller

I learned hot drying over 30 years ago. Sometimes just to speed enamel panels. I've also hair dried basement walls, with some water infiltration. Just yesterday drying leaking chimney off upper story. Eventually I got to do something about the situation. Got chimney with no liner. Furnace and hot water heater go up one shaft. The other chimney is sealed. Probably had up to 6 shafts at one time.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I have used your way for the problem and i got better results with this technique. I have once more problem of gutter leakage! Can you provide the solution for the gutter leaks? I am waiting for the reply. Thanks

Reply to
epdmroofers

echnique. I have once more problem of gutter leakage! Can you provide the s olution for the gutter leaks? I am waiting for the reply. Thanks

I've had pretty good luck with that "as seen on tv" spray flex seal sprayed inside the gutter where it's leaking. Important to really clean the insid e of the gutter with soap and water and let it dry before spraying. Don't know how long it will last though.

Reply to
jamesgang