Question about BandSaw Boxes

Hello, I cut out a bandsaw box for SWMBO, and have just completed gluing the drawers back together. I based the design on a picture I saw in a.b.p.w.
Can anyone who has made one of these tell me what is done about the kerf at the bottom and the drawer separator section, where the cuts are started? It seems like the box is fragile and would/could warp if not fastened back together at these points. I considered cutting a thin piece of wood and gluing inside the kerf, hidden from view. Is this what is normally done?
Not that anyone really cares, I plan to post a picture in a.b.p.w when done. I have never made one of these before, and am impressed with the results - wood is really amazing!
Thanks,
Greg G.
Sure, I'd like to see it. <Greg G.> wrote in message

The kerf at the bottom and the drawer separator sections are plenty solid being about 6" thick or whatever the thickness you used. All the boxes I have made have not had any trouble with the kerfs. There is really no weight to speak of being applied against them. They look better if you leave the kerf and just round over the edges of the cut lines.
Tim
<Greg G.> wrote in message

Well, if they're the one's I'm thinking about, I made a few this year as gifts. I didn't see any problems with leaving the kerfs alone. There isn't any weight to really worry about. I'll throw a couple pics tomorrow on ABPW.
--
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman
I glue the kerf back together with glue. I use titebond type 2. My blade, a 1/4 inch. Delta cuts a 1/16 or so kerf. Never had a problem gluing that gap back, for 4 years in 50 or so bandsawn boxes, yet . <Greg G.> wrote in message