Question about a woodworking show

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?

Reply to
Han

"Joe" wrote in news:Tp%nl.252$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreading01.news.tds.net:

Not on my piles, you don't!

Reply to
Han

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains. High Point, NC, is not too far away.

Reply to
Phisherman

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That seems almost in the middle of NC, SE of Winston-Salem, so if that is close to you, High Point State Park is close to me (HPSP is in NJ, very close to Port Jervis, where NY, NJ & PA meet. Although for "woods" we mostly go to Harriman/Bear Mountain, the Shawangunks or Catskills.

And I pay Fed, NY & NJ income taxes in addition to the sales tax. And I am happy to pay them. If I weren't, I wouldn't have income .

Reply to
Han

Where in ET? I'm west knox.

jc

Oh, and yeah, our sales tax stinks...... That was the main part of the reason I was hoping to find some big iron at the woodworking show (just to bring this back on topic :-))

Reply to
Joe

Don't you think the lack of state income tax more than makes up for it?

Reply to
-MIKE-

It's nice when there's income. Given today's circumstances, where there's more and more people with no income that still need to buy stuff....

They get you coming or going (or both).

Reply to
Joe

So I went to the woodworkers show yesterday. There were certainly a lot of router bits there.

The good news is I purchased 8 of the 3D Square setups for $85. They are $16 a piece on Amazon.

also purchased the "Show Only" Woodworker II blade and dampener for $120.
items I wanted and they happened to have good deals at the show. I did check the web while at the show to see if the prices were really "good".

It was basically what many of the posters here had said it would be. It had more of a feel of a flea market than a show. Peachtree Woodworking took up a large percentage of the floor space. The stuff they had was what they have in their catalogue except it was displayed in bins. As I mentioned in the first line, there were a lot of router bits to be had. Kreg had a sizable display. The only "iron" was Ridgid have a few items and Woodcraft had a few items as well. I did see an informative talk about finishing. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6. There may have been more deals there but I wasn't looking - didn't have the money, for anything else.

Larry C

Reply to
Larry C

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks for the report. Sounds like they are limping along about the same as has been for a few years.

0.
> Both items I wanted and they happened to have good deals at the show. =A0= I did
Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Checked the web from my blackberry

Reply to