Question about a woodworking show

Page 2 of 3
Han wrote:

I'm sure you're aware that "fractured" Dutch and German have been a source of humor for Americans for a long time. From childhood I remember:
peepenflapper = chick quackenflapper = duck honkenflapper = goose waggenbarker = friendly dog bitenbarker = unfriendly dog loudenboomer = artillery shell grosseloudenboomer = 500 lb bomb loudenboomermiteingrosseholengroundundalleskaput = nuke ad nausea...

Nice drive-by but no sympathy - it's 8% here.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

In Ustin it is 8.25%
My son recently went to San Francisco and reported that those pore soles are being taxed to death but hey they think they have a safer environment in the middle of an earth quake zone. LOL. They also have a "Health Sales Tax" IIRC sales tax there is way way over 10% perhaps in the 12-14% range.

20% or so VAT in Eurp.
--
Best regards
Han

Is that to attract people to the more adventurous neighborhoods?

lowered the tax rate. Who decides on what where, I don't know. I just take advantage. Usually I like to bike a few hundred yards to Goodman's Hardware. They have most everything I need that can be had from a neighborhood hardware store, including shellac. Today I had to go far afield to cash in my Costco Amex rebate, and decided to go by Lowe's on the way back. It was hard, but I managed to skip a visit to MicroCenter computers next to that Lowes ...
--
Best regards
Han

Our sales tax is 9.75%, the maximum allowable (until they change the law). Maybe keeps tourists away, I don't know, but no state tax on earned income or interest.

I forget Phisherman, you're where? Texas-Houston?
--
Best regards
Han

East Tennessee, lots of native woods here and the Smoky Mountains. High Point, NC, is not too far away.

close to you, High Point State Park is close to me (HPSP is in NJ, very close to Port Jervis, where NY, NJ & PA meet. Although for "woods" we mostly go to Harriman/Bear Mountain, the Shawangunks or Catskills.
And I pay Fed, NY & NJ income taxes in addition to the sales tax. And I am happy to pay them. If I weren't, I wouldn't have income <sheepish grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

Where in ET? I'm west knox.
jc
Oh, and yeah, our sales tax stinks...... That was the main part of the reason I was hoping to find some big iron at the woodworking show (just to bring this back on topic :-))
Joe wrote:

Don't you think the lack of state income tax more than makes up for it?
--

-MIKE-

It's nice when there's income. Given today's circumstances, where there's more and more people with no income that still need to buy stuff....
They get you coming or going (or both).
Robatoy wrote:

Iceland has some beauties, as well.

Bjork?
Robatoy wrote:

Words! <G>

http://www.crimespot.net/Spotted/Images/SwedishChefSmall.jpg

Pardon me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU

Maybe this will work as an antidote for that contagious Swedish Chef tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqIyjLxwk-s

wrote in message

The Dutch know a thing or two about long words. To wit:
elektriciteitsproductiemaatschappij hottentottensoldatententententoonstelling potentiaalvereffeningswandcontactdoosafdekplaatje. zandzeepsodemineraalwatersteenstralen
and my favourite:
autobandventieldopjesfabrieksdirectricesassistentesuniformenknoop
don't forget floccinocinihilipilification......