Q and gloat about 24" old Milwaukee-Delta Scroll Saw

Just got this critter, and hauled it home on a scrap skid on it's side in my truck. Evidently, there is (or there was) some sort of clear lube oil down in the gears, pulleys and such. I was in a hurry to get it home.

Could anyone tell me where to get a manual for this thing, or perhaps the correct oil and amount to use?

Now for the gloat part.

This thing was being thrown away, all 250 pounds of it. When I found out I could have it for free, I got the heck out of there as soon as it was on the truck so they couldn't change their minds. Will go back Friday with some premium brews as a thank-you.

The saw had set idle for many years in a 3-sided bay, so it has a rusty table, but no major pitting. The motor was made by Thomas Edison himself, I think. It has a colored GE logo on the end bell of the motor, which is about the size of a soccer ball and develops 1/2 hp. Still had a blade in it, and it ran and cut wood when I plugged it in the first time. It's in amazingly good condition. Still has the decal, and the paint seems to be good, even the stand, down under all the dirt. Bad news is I have to replace the wire to the light, but the bulb still works.

Is this good enough to qualify for a gloat, even though I have to replace a wire and maybe get a new blade?

Reply to
Roy

truck. Evidently,

and such. I was in a

correct oil and amount to

could have it for free,

change their minds.

but no major pitting.

logo on the end bell of

Still had a blade in it,

amazingly good condition.

under all the dirt. Bad

wire and maybe get a

yessir, thou doth suck mightily. get thee hence forthwith to the

and get your beast registered and get all of the available manuals and suchlike. somebody over there will have all of the information you need....

Reply to
bridger