Putting a Craftsman RAS back together

Hi,
I own a Craftsman Radial Arm Saw (Model 113.23100) and I've been having trouble getting the thing aligned. I wound up taking the radial arm off of the column. Here's the thing - when I did this, the break shoe and arm latch came off. I've put them back where I think they go, but I'm not sure. I tried following the drawings on page 30 of the following:
http://www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Craftsman/113-23100.pdf
But I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. (I'm referring to parts 40 and 41 on that diagram.)
Has anyone out there done this before? If so, anyone have any hints as to how I might know if I've put it back correctly?
- Thanks,
Todd