Push, pull, click click

Page 3 of 3

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

That sounds more like attempted murder. :(
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Good thing it wasn't a radio!

It was a battery powered travel alarm clock. The small size made it ideal for the clutter near the bathtub.
Michaels" says...

Throw it in a bag of rice for a week and see if it comes back.

They get even more confused about anticlockwise.
John
On 2/13/2016 11:00 PM, John McCoy wrote:

A guy in maintenance was having a difficult time drilling out a pop rivet. He asked his boss to sharpen the bit. No better he told him "you can't sharpen a bit for crap". Joe pushed a button on the drill and said "now try it"

It would sure help if left-handed ones were marked somehow. ;-)
I came close to replacing a lawn edger after I spent a week trying to (un)loosen the bolt that held the blade. Then there are the cars where half the lug nuts go the wrong way (at least the threads are visible).

On 2/13/2016 11:05 AM, krw wrote:

A good rule of thumb is to simply look at the normal direction that the object spins. Almost always you loosen the attachment nut or bolt in the same direction. For the nut or bolt to loosen by itself during operation it has to spin faster than the object that it is holding which is much less likely than if it loosened in the opposite direction.

Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth used to do that. The lug nuts loosened on the left side of the vehicle in the customary direction, counter clockwise. The right side loosened, clockwise. Countless lug nuts were twisted off in shops on those vehicles until they stopped that practice.
A nut or bolt is less likely to loosen and come off the farther it is located away from the center of rotation of what it is holding.
*snip*

*snip*
If you move the screw in the tighten direction, sometimes it loosens enough for you to remove it. Covers both breaking a frozen screw loose and a left-handed screw.
Puckdropper
Leon wrote:

Don't forget the warning that in California something about that screw might be known to cause cancer...
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

You should always wear latex gloves while screwing in California.
Puckdropper