Prooxon tools

I was sniffing around the local Woodcraft and saw a display of Proxxon power tools. Man. They are tiny but look like excellent quality, tools.

The store had a table saw and a drill press, both so small that the notion of a closet woodshop makes sense! TS less than a foot high, BS about the same, roughly a square foot footprint, maybe a bit more.

They're supposedly made for people who do small toys and other rather specialized things.

I won't be buying them, but they are appealing to say the least! The prices are very similar to the full-sized tools, of course.

So, anybody in this world-famous group ever have an opportunity to try these tools?

Reply to
brocpuffs

Grandpa

I do some small items and use the Proxxon Hand Beltsander with very good results. It goes plaes that even a 1" table top belt sander will not. Quality tool, but noisy.

Reply to
Boogey Man

Have used the Proxxon mini-drill-press for drilling printed circuit boards for about 6 years now. Still goes very well, and would buy another if this one ever wears out. Can't comment on their other stuff, but I would look favourably on it, if I needed something small.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox