Primer/sealer for Painted Furniture

What BRAND of primer/sealer would you use for unfinished wood furniture? I like what I read about Krylon bursh on Primer/sealer but can't locate a supplier in the St. Louis, Mo area. (Increases paint adhesion, Smooths uneven surfaces & Ensures true paint color is achieved)
Tom wrote:

If you have knots, you need to get something designed to block discoloration from the knots from coming though the paint; takes a year or so but they always show up. An oil based product is best: www.zinsser.com zinsser makes one. Follow directions on the can then go ahead as you'd planned.
If no knots you can make use of just about anything called a wood sealer. I've used "sanding sealer" , water based sealers and the home centers usually have a brand or two. I've never tried the Krylon.
Josie

I've had much better experience with Zinnser BIN shellac primer sealer than with their oil-based product. Both spray and brush types are available.
Patriarch

I'll second that. I like the BIN because it dries faster than anything else and sands very well to remove imperfections (dust nibs).
BTW, these are properties of shellac, not necessarily unique to BIN, but BIN is probably the most widely available pigmented shellac primer/sealer. Shellac is also known for it's excellent adhesion.
-Steve