Prevent purpleheart from turning back to brown

Once your purpleheart has turned purple, how can you prevent it from turning back to brown?

If the purple color develops as the result of exposure to sunlight, you don't have to do anything: it'll stay purple forever.
Then what is it I hear about the purple turning back to brown? When does that happen?

From one of the many websites out there:
Color Change: Purpleheart undergoes an extreme degree of color change over time. When freshly milled or sanded, Purpleheart will be a brown color, which will change within a few days to a vivid purple color. Then over time ( 6 months+ ) the vivid purple will oxidize back to a brownish color with purplish highlights. Water based finishes tend to inhibit the full color change and hold more of the purple color.
Bob
You could apply a finish that have uv blockers in it.That will delay the darkening of the wood if it is in a sunny area. All wood will darken in time but leaving it in the sun will speed the process up dramaticly.
The fancy highend items I've made with purpleheart as a highlight wood combined with oak,maple etc still look outstanding even though the purpleheart has darkened.As of today no customer has complained about the change of color affecting the quality of the piece
Jerome