Pressure used to stabilize wood ???

I'm interested in the stabilizing where they use a liquid acrylic or other resin under pressure to impregnate wood, I saw some very dense hardwood that had been treated with stain and resin, I'm interested in the process used, pressure or vacuum, resin, color, all the good stuff. The wood I saw was small pieces for use as knife handles and was wandering whether they treat larger pieces of wood for other projects.
Here is a link to the one of many sites offering this product and service. http://www.stabilizedwood.com/main.shtml I have no connection to this site just posting to show the process I'm talking about, any information would be great, Thanks, Ben

Doesn't work. You're better off using a _vacuum_ to empty the pores of the wood, then let the resin flow in by capillary action.
-- Smert' spamionam
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:54:08 +0100, Andy Dingley

or one might just soak it in the resin...take a piece of oak and put just one end (end grain) in some water, , , in no time, you have a completely soaked board
just a thought