Power tools:

Another good place for books is your local library. Or, if you have something like it, a "Friends of the Library" group. Both sell the books to raise funds. Problem is, of course, that we seem to buy as many as we get rid of :-). Hard bound .50, soft .25, magazines .10 - hard to resist.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Yes Leon I did I'm going to sift through them and take it easy. I do have a contractors saw router table and plunge router , miter saw , jigsaw ,drill , sanders and various handtools ,

Sal

Reply to
sal

Get a pneumatic nailer.

I've forgotten how to use a hammer. Thinking back, I recall it's the metal end that's used to hit the nail.

Is that right?

Reply to
HeyBub

Come on now! A nail? That's all you can think of to swing your hammer at? : ) Honestly though, affected by what I've read here, I take better care of my better hammers. Life was simpler back when I just had

1 hammer...

Reply to
Bill

Well Sal, you absolutely have enough to start with, it is all gravy from here.

Reply to
Leon

the nail or your thumb

Reply to
ChairMan

Well, you can always swing it at danger, a warning, or love between your brothers and your sisters a-all over this land, but generally swinging at a nail results in less chaos.

Reply to
J. Clarke

No.

Throw away all your nails.

If something has to be fixed so that it might have to come apart one day, use decent screws.

If it's not going to have to come apart use glue.

Reply to
Stuart

You'll take note of how I began my first reply to this thread!!! : )

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert (and it should be easy to find people here who will back me up on that)!

Of what you listed, a "bench may be the easiest. Assuming you mean "workbench", as it doesn't have to compete with furniture standards. You can buy everything you need at HomeDepot or Lowes and create a basic one in a weekend or so. I'm still working on mine (inside joke)! ...

Reply to
Bill

Anyone reading the post this is in reply to wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of who said what.

You guys need to take the time to get your quotes right, or the increasing ignorance of future generations attempting to read it will be thrown them into a confused state that even big pharma can't handle.

Reply to
Swingman

Oh brother!

...and from the "expert" too! LOL

Anyone reading the post this is in reply to wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of who said what.

You guys need to take the time to get your quotes right, or the increasing ignorance of future generations attempting to read it will be thrown them into a confused state that even big pharma can't handle.

Reply to
m II

Well, my post may have been confounded by my pasting from one post into another. I apologize if it left you in a confused state. It surely was not intended.

Please allow me to also extend my apologies to any "future generations" out there who are reading this! : ) What year did the SawStop technology become mandated by law in the US?

Cheers from 2012, Bill

Reply to
Bill