Possibly moving back to USA

And we are thinking of Boise. I know Woodcraft has a store there. I would appreciate ANY info.
Cheers john
--
Rose Cottage Woodworks
www.rosecottageinn.co.nz/woodworks

would
http://www.boise.org / http://www.idoc.state.id.us / http://www.visitid.org / http://www.karengeselle.com /
I worked in the Boise area for several years and it was voted one of the best places to live. Great city, great folks - and I'd love to go back. My first choice though would be Bend, Oregon but then I'm partial to living near the mountains....
Bob S.

would
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com says...

Same here - nice town. But the one I live in now is even nicer - less crowded - so please go to Boise :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

My wife's from the Boise area, and I have to agree-- for a town its size, it's pretty damn nice. There is indeed a Woodcraft there, which I visit annually when staying with relatives.
Bend, on the other hand, has gotten so big that it's lost all the charm it had 25-30 years ago. I'd still move there given the choice though.
-Derek in Minnesota

Boise is a nice town but I dont like freezing Winters. Redding CA IMHO is similar to Boise and has more gentle and shorter winters. I met folks that could have lived anywhere and after some extensive study, they picked Redding.

I have family in Boise and in Redding, and I'd never chose Redding. There's no real college anywhere nearby-- Boise has BSU, Albertson College, NNC, and others. Boise has culture, nightlife, politics, an art scene, a thriving gay community...and Redding is just, well, Redding.
Given a choice, I'd probably take up somewhere outside of Boise-- Idaho City perhaps, or the flats out by Meridian, or any open place that would put me within a 30 minute drive of Boise.
-Derek