Possible Gloat

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I just picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL with a mobile base and blade setting jig for $530. I'll have to touch up the blades a little but it's a vast improvement over the 6" Craftsman that we been using. Jim

Never heard of it. Can't even find a pic of it on Google..
On 4/30/2012 10:59 AM, James wrote:

tiredofspam wrote:

http://images.craigslist.org/5Fa5H15J73F33J33H1c3u692f5368c5051bf4.jpg
I don't know if this will work. Jim

Sounds expensive for a gloat. More like a neener
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I wasn't sure. That's why I qualified it. The only other 8" jointer that I found that had a 75" bed was Grizzly. It's a vast improvement over our 6 1/8" Craftsman that I bought back in the 70's. Jim

Like this one?
http://owp.weedranch.com/popup_image.php?pID
Jointers are pretty simple machines so as long as the tables are co-planer and the fence is straight and can be adjusted to square it should be fine. Looks like it may have a magnetic switch too which is a plus... I'd say you did good!
John
Pioneer Machine Tools - http://www.pmt-pioneer.com/e/index.html
Many elements of that Pioneer look exactly like my 15 yr old Powermatic model 60. Your beds are longer, the hand cranks are larger and the cabinet is larger, otherwise it looks the same. I think you did good.
Sonny

That link I gave, above, is likely not the Pioneer woodworking tool maker. I was too quick to post that link, without studying the site.
I think the "jointer" Pioneer may be a distributing company - http://www.pioneertool.com/cb-about/manufacturers.aspx - and they put their label on the product. Despite this, I still think you may have done well.
Sonny
Hi I would say you got a deal, anything that crosses the US. Canuckestan border we can expect to pay 30% more, of course we've got the money.
Sal

sal wrote:

I think I did too. There's a Pioneer 6" jointer here locally and the asking price is $800. Pioneer is Western Tool Supply's house brand. Seems to be a Northwest company. We have a local store here. Jim