Porter Cable router dust collector for 690 series routers

I was reading the most recent issue of ShopNotes magazine last night and I read about a dust collector for a router. I have a 690 with regular and plunge base. PC sells a dust collector that appears to work for both edge routing and plunge routing. I tried to google any conversation on rec.woodworking about this product but could only find one posting from 2002. In that posting someone said it worked great for routing material that produces fine dust (e.g., MDF) but not material that comes off in chips. Has anyone bought this product? If so, could you post your comments? I am particularly interested in how it would work when plowing out a dado with a plunge router. I would love to think I could eliminate some of the amazing mess in my shop with an attachment to the router but wouldn't want to take the "plunge" without hearing some comments from existing customers.
Here is a link to Amazon where you could see what I am talking about in case there is confusion: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
TIA.
Dick Snyder
Lousy & useless product description at the link. Plastic collector in question is for edge use only, useless for inside cuts like dados. ****************************

snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

floor. (now that's a pretty disgusting image...)     mahalo,     jo4hn