Popular Mechanics bed plans

Has anyone here made the bed from the popular Mechanics plans? This was the "Anniversary bed".
http://popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/furniture/2002/11/mahogany_bed /
I'm wondering about any pitfalls to avoid in the plans etc. Generally speaking, how are these plans to work with? I'll be spending about 7 hours on a plane with them later this week and hoping to refine the plans so they are ready when I get back.
Thanks