Pocket hole screws

I am planning to build a built in set of drawers using melamine MDF panels. Is this material suitable for use with the Kreg pocket hole system?
Tom
TH wrote:

Confirmat screws are used with Melamine, Tom. You need a pricy drill bit. Pocket hole screws won't hold well like the Confirmats.
Dave
Yes. Glue the joint and use course screws and the wood will break before the joint does. Yes, I have done this. My favorite method for this kind of construction uses biscuits with pocket screw between them. No sliding when you screw them together and seriously strong joints. If you don't have a biscuit joiner though, the screws alone will do the job.

panels.
I've had blow outs using MDF with the Kreg Jig and their screws. I too was skeptical, and used some off cuts first (thankfully) and ended up going with biscuits. Of course, perhaps it was me just tightening too much, but I did it the same way I always used my Kreg Jig.
Brian

Works better with the made for MDF Confirmat screws and forget the pocket holes, butt up the panels and pre-drill and use the right fasteners
John

I worked several months in a shop manufacturing motel room furniture. We used pocket screws with plastic dowels for alignment. Just don't overtighten the screws or you'll either end up blowing out the pocket hole or coming through the other side of the other panel. Glue's probably a good idea as well.
WIll

panels.