Plywood armor plating

Page 3 of 10
On 27 Jan 2005 00:40:09 GMT, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) spake:

Don't worry. This one won't last forever. Once Shrub attacks Iran, the Muslims will unite globally against us and we won't be around any more. Duck and cover, guys. This one's gonna be nasty.
OR, if he doesn't go into Iran and Syria, he'll try to shove "democracy" down Korea's throat and get the Chinese to come to their aid. Once our imports are stopped dead in their tracks, we'll implode by ourselves.
I just wish we'd stop effin' with the rest of the world, bring it all back home, and start taking care of our own for once.
======================================================= Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications =======================================================

I'm with you on this one.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Too late now. He's got a second term, and he thinks that constitutes a mandate for his policies in Iraq.
Some of the supporters of this policy are pretty scary. They seem to think that the end justifies the means, even when the end has no clear and constant definition, and the means include sanctioning torture and suspension of habeas corpus.
"If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1798
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:51:36 GMT, the inscrutable Nate Perkins

Yeah, a few percent difference is a "mandate." Go figure. 49+ million votes against don't mean a thing to him.

My neighbor has been saying that Shrub and friends are convinced that they'll live forever in heaven after they cause Armageddon; they don't care if they bludgeon the world to that end. Suddenly the plot thickens...
Yes, scary.
======================================================= Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications =======================================================
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

The election is over. The American _people_ made a decision ... quit your whining and get over the fact you were in a minority.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

You must be working overtime keeping up with all the political posts. I think you have a very long row to hoe.
"Great mistakes in the ruling part, will be borne by the people without mutiny or murmur." -- John Locke
"Nate Perkins" wrote in message

It's mainly because I wouldn't know Robin Hartl if she bit me on the ass, don't care which hand Sears uses to screw its customers, figured out a long time ago how to remove insulation from wires, and have no problem whatsoever finding my local BORG.
The short answer is don't you worry about it ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Swingman wrote:

people voted for Bush II. Guess Fox didn't carry that tidbit.

... and in terms of eligible voters, those who did not vote also made a decision -- to let the rest of the voters make the choice for them, thus, the OP's comment is still correct, the American people made a decision, the election is over. get over it.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:09:46 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita

The fate of the entire world has been determined by non-voters and gullibles. Ironic, isn't it? I should have said "tragic."

I'll get over it when the global threats he has caused are gone, Mark, and not before. The world (including America) has become a less-safe place since GWB has been in office. Many Americans, myself included, are not too happy about that. I used to _believe_in_ the President of the United States. I love my country and will not sit quietly by while it gets trashed by an avaricious mob in D.C.
Oh, I changed the topic to OT while I was replying.
--------------------------------------------------------------- Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications ---------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:25:19 -0800, Larry Jaques

So, since the vote didn't agree with your viewpoint, those who didn't agree couldn't have reached the conclusion they did through logical or rational thought, could they? It isn't possible that through reasonable deduction, they decided that "peace through strength" might be a reasonable route to sending a message to future would-be attackers. Nope, they had to have been gullible and deluded.

The global threats *he* caused? He'd barely been in office 9 months when the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor was launched against us. The training camps in Afghanistan had been in operation for years before he took office. Homicide bombers were launching attacks on Israel long before Bush was in office. Enron and the MCI debacle were hatching well before the election of 2000, so the accusation of "avaricious mob" hardly seems to carry much weight when applied to the present administration. The first attack on the WTC happened during the previous administration, the debacle in Africa, the attack on the USS Cole -- appeasement and ignoring the situation sure wasn't working and wasn't making the world any safer.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:34:56 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita

Imperialism isn't "peace through strength".
Attacking countries for oil isn't "peace through strength".
Forcing countries to follow your way of thinking isn't "peace through strength".
And if "peace through strength" is the only message you're getting from the Shrub, yes, "gullible and deluded" fit entirely too well.

Yeah, Shrub and his dad, starting back when Bush, Sr. was CIA. Once we started putting bases on Arab soil and killing Arabs/Muslims, it kind of upset them. (Imagine that!) 'Rubbing their faces in Christianity, Capitalism, avarice, and "democracy" while telling them how to run their countries and price their oil' isn't helping, either. Killing 100k+ Iraqis is not the way to peace, either.
I urge you to find some perspective on this, Mark. Blindly following Bush isn't in your (or the public's) best interest.
--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

I don't think there were many rational voters on either side :-).

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:25:19 -0800, Larry Jaques

get it down to basics... the guy you wanted lost.... some other guy won... maybe it was your fault for not being active enough in getting votes for your guy, maybe it's just karma..
you now have 3 years to gear up for getting your choice in, go for it... but also admit that however it happened and whoever won, he's the President... and you can either work toward being positive and lobbying for what you want done, or be an anchor... YMMV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Amen, Brother Davis

*blush* sorry, I do get on the soap box once in a while.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:24:38 -0800, the inscrutable mac davis

I didn't want either top contender. I voted Libertarian.

Yabbut this crazy f*ck is going to get all of us killed.

We may not -have- that long.

You bet your ass I'm working for a positive change.
--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:

That's all anyone can hope for...
I don't support a lot of what's going on right now, and I think we should have kicked ass in Iraq and left... but I support our troops wherever they're sent... (though not necessarily supporting who sent them or why they went)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Yeah, in 1991. The fact is, we committed acts of war and occupied Iraq for the whole time since. We just did it from 20,000 feet. The death on the ground contined amid the outrage of most of the muslim world The US seemed invulnearble until 9/11 The Gulf war has been going on, coming up on 13 years.
Ya know, last I looked the 57 million who voted against Bush were Americans too.
One tally shows him winning by 3 milliion votes. Outta 120 million.
And he has the disctinction of having the highest percentage of votes cast against a sitting President in history. Not to mention a war pres.
And on, and on.
Seems like you mandate folks outta go look up the definition of said word.
Renata