plastic shelf support boring jig

Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self centering drill bit. He used it to make adjustable shelves. Anyone know where I can get one or something similar?

Reply to
Scott

Was it one of the "Jig-It" templets?:

Nova

Reply to
Artemus

Thanks, guess I just needed to know the correct term to Google.

Order>> Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self

Reply to
Scott

Thanks for the tip and I like home made jigs but when working with fine tollerances like with having consistent shelves that don't wobble, I'm going to order the jig

Reply to
Scott

If you want something a more robust than plastic, take a look at the Lee Valley offerings such as this one.

Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

"Scott" wrote: > Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self > centering drill bit. He used it to make adjustable shelves. Anyone know > where I can get one or something similar?

Don't have a clue, but his jig using 13 ply birch, based on a router /W/ guide bushing and 1/4" up spiral bit works quite well; however, his hole layout techniwue sucks.

See Fred Bingham's book for a better method.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Then there's always the MEG Products 32mm Line Boring Router Guide that Norm has used.

Nova