plastic shelf support boring jig

Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self centering drill bit. He used it to make adjustable shelves. Anyone know where I can get one or something similar?
Scott wrote:

Was it one of the "Jig-It" templets?:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?skuX76
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

"Something similar" is to make your own out of a piece of pegboard. It won't last as long as the commercial jigs but it can be free if you have the pegboard in your scrap bin. Art
"Scott" wrote...

Thanks for the tip and I like home made jigs but when working with fine tollerances like with having consistent shelves that don't wobble, I'm going to order the jig

If you want something a more robust than plastic, take a look at the Lee Valley offerings such as this one.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p2251&cat=1,180,42311
Dave Paine.

"Scott" wrote: > Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self > centering drill bit. He used it to make adjustable shelves. Anyone know > where I can get one or something similar?
Don't have a clue, but his jig using 13 ply birch, based on a router /W/ guide bushing and 1/4" up spiral bit works quite well; however, his hole layout techniwue sucks.
See Fred Bingham's book for a better method.
Lew
Tyke wrote:

Then there's always the MEG Products 32mm Line Boring Router Guide that Norm has used.
http://megproducts.com /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA