Plasma TV Stand Plans

I am looking for plans for a plasma TV stand. My goal is something that simulates wall mounting but keeping the tv toward the back of the stand and raises it up on some tubular steel.
Something like this http://www.studiotech.com/jsp/productDetail.jsp?prodID9
Does anyone have plans for something similar?
It looks like you have your plans already, right in that picture. I have no idea how a plasma tv mounts to something (keyholes for bolts?), but it seems you could easily make a stand like that with some vertical wood pieces to which you mount bolts for the TV to hang on. Do you really need plans for that?
Mike

It is very true I don't really need plans for this stand. In reality I think I was more looking for pictures/designs of similar stands more then plans for that exact stand. I will looking to get some ideas from other stands before building this one. This was the only stand that I found that was set up to raise the tv at the rear end of the stand. I was wondering if anyone else had ideas for a stand that is similar in the fact that it mounts the tv toward the rear of the stand but was differnt from the stand at that site.

If you can afford a plasma TV, you can afford to buy a stand from a furniture store.

Maybe he spent his load on the TV so now he HAS to build the stand himself.
Frank
It is more that I spent a bunch money on a nice table saw and fence system and I want to use it for something other then to make door jam extensions for my 8 inch door jams in my crazy house.
Plus I though $700 or whatever it cost is a lot for 5 peices of veneered mdf.

Rich,
If you looked at the assembly instructions, you'd see a pretty good set of plans. Dimensions are absent, but that should be the fun part.
Also, the main standards are listed as "metal", not wood.
Have fun,
Myx

actual plans and dimensions are listed on the web page under View Specifications Also downloadable as a pdf file it appears
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

stand that takes up the same space a traditional TV would? Maybe its just me.
I had thought of mounting it on the wall. However I have a few issues. 1. I still gotta put the a/v gear somewhere. 2. The wall that I would want to mount it on it a outside wall in a 100 year old house that is drywall over plaster over lath on a wall that has horizontal bracing for the fireescape that sits outside. It would be very hard to if not impossible to fish the wires without distroying this wall. 3. The TV should be at eye height. The wall that I want to put the tv on has two windows and I would be putting it between the windows. For it to look right on the wall you want to center the tv height wise between the top and the bottom of the window. However eye height when sitting on the couch is way closer to bottom of the window. If I were to mount it on the wall at this height it would look really weird in the room even though that is the proper height. 4. Lastely and most importantly I want to start using my wood tools for something good and I would enjoy the project even if I decide I want to wall mount the tv later.

Sounds like you need a custom stand. I think I'd consider buying the brackets and doing the rest myself.
I'm in the middle of designing a stand for a new HDTV myself. I can buy one cheaper that I can make it, but it is just another store bought collection of MDF panels. In my case, the stand will be 20" high and just hold the TV, but there is a vertical rack next to it for all the other components. Right now I'm using the stand from the old TV and it has casters on it, as does the rack. I find this to be very convenient so I can get to the rear panels for wiring.
Sit down in from of the wall with a paper and pencil and the design will come to you. Ed
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich) wrote in message

Perhaps not what you had in mind but something to consider - http://www.homeandleisure.co.uk/workshop/features/cuttingedge/feature/feature5.shtml Featured on a recent Discovery UK woodworking series.
Rgds
Noel