Planer - 3ph to 1Ph

I have a 20 inch planer that has a 5 hp, 3Ph, 230/460v motor in it. I was supposed to receive a single phase, but there was a mixup, and since I am in a 3rd world country, exchange is difficult at best.
Is it possible to rewire this to run off of a single phase? I have done wiring before, just need instructions on doing this, if possible.
Thanks!

will work on single phase power, can find the correct start and run capacitors, and can find the switch that disables the start capacitor. Doing all that would cost far more than a single phase capacitor start capacitor run motor. Jim
On 16 Feb 2005 15:58:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@starband.net wrote:

Where would you find a 5hp single phase motor anyway ?
Change the motor, or use a rotary converter (NB - not static). Good explanations of motors and rotary conversion can be found in the electricals FAQ at http://www.owwm.com/FAQ /

Leeson. I put one on my air compressor, not knowing the difference between "compressor duty" and the real thing. Was about three or four hundred dollars for a TEFC motor. I'm trying to supress the memory of the exact amount and seem to have succeeded.

--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years
snipped-for-privacy@starband.net wrote:

You'll need a phase converter or switch out to a single phase motor. The phase converter ain't real cheap, but probably a little cheaper than a 5hp single phase. Depending on where you are, neither may be all that easy to procure, can't even guess on that...
BUILDING A PHASE CONVERTER http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/ph-conv/ph-conv.html
Buy a phase converter $550 http://www.phaseconverter.com/#Rotary-Converter
Buy a single phase motor $350 (check rpm, hopefully the planer is belt driven & you can change pulley sizes) www.mcmaster.com
have mfr switch out the motor or buy a single phase & sell the 3 phase
cheers Bob