plane id help

I just picked up a plane at a yard sale ($5.00) and I've Googled up the wazoo, but I cant find out anything about it. I posted a picture of it on ABPW.
It is 10" long, 3 3/4" tall, it tapers front to back 1/2" to 1". It is stamped front and side "S.B. Lee" and on the side only "Pat. Pending."
Any id help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Glen

Can't see it in perspective, but I'd think a router rather than a plane ...one to be pulled perhaps, not pushed ...and old! Go to an antique dealer; one that deals in old tools if possible.
Hi Glen,
Looks like a user made router (as the other poster said). Because of its shape, I would think it was made for the person to clean out dados or something. Would it be possible to see another pic from straight on?
I wouldn't be too persuaded by the pat pend stamped into it. But ya never know.
From a users perspective, you can see in the picture why the design wouldn't have gone over big, though. The tension on the clamp that holds the blade has split the wood.
Pretty cool nonetheless. Good find.
Mike