Just Plane Gloating...

Ooh - bad pun...

I waited until now to post this so I could test and verify the machine, and now that I'm happy:

I picked up a 50's era Parks/Craftsman 12" planer from a guy at the office for $50. I thought, "$50 is worth taking a chance, especially since I'd be looking at $350-$400 for a new Bosch or DeWalt". No wimpy sheet metal here - this thing is straight from my old high school shop class: heavy, solid, powerful (2hp motor). Plus the smell of the transmission oil - it just takes me right back to school. Well, after getting the guide rollers loosely aligned I ran a couple of boards through. No snipe or tearing, and a good, true flat surface. That's one more nice item revived and added to the workshop ;-)

--Henry

______________________________________________________________________________________ To reply use henry @t henrywebb d0t com

Reply to
Big Al Dexter

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Cruise on over to the OWWM and you'll find articles on tuning up *older* *real* (not a toy) planers. In fact the subject case was a Parks.

down until you see the Planer header.

UA100, who'd thought he'd done good to get his Craftsman badged Parks for less than a porty planer...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

[snip]
Reply to