"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Jerry Gilreath wrote:

No, I just play one on TV.
[silvan@giganator] ~/CVS/rosegarden ->uname -a Linux giganator.family.lan 2.4.20-1dmm #4 Sun Jun 1 01:17:29 EDT 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
Why?
I'm getting ready to install it on a machine downstairs and use it as a server. I heard it's good for that application. Just wondering how hard it is to "convert" myself.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Jerry Gilreath wrote:

Well, how hard is it to make a walnut curio cabinet with maple accents?
You can't really answer that question because you don't know
* how much experience I have working with wood * whether these particular woods are readily available to me * what plan/design I'm going to use * what kind of machines or tools I have available * what my motivation for building the cabinet is
It's a similar kind of thing.
The more skill you have with computer stuff generally, the more you bring to the table learning Linux. Some things are basically the same, some things are completely different, and most are somewhere in between.
For me, it mostly very easy. For most people, it's probably somewhat challenging. For some, it's utterly impossible.
You might want to hang out in AOLM for awhile. alt.os.linux.mandrake Even if you don't decide to install Mandrake (I run Debian myself, but do not recommend Debian for the Linux newbie) they're a good, helpful bunch over there. Or they used to be. I haven't hung out there in a good while.
Stay out of groups like comp.os.linux.advocacy unless you like perpetual flame wars.