Ping Mike and or Nailshooter In San Antonio

THANK YOU Robert!

I have done a "little" with mesquite. Mostly the finger hole drawer pulls for the small drawer boxes "like in the middle of our pantry" except at our other house. I built 10 of those that ran horizontally.

I'll hollar at'cha when the time comes. This table will be for my son.

Reply to
Leon

Absolutely my pleasure to help this little bit when I can.

So many of the little mills that were around here have gone broke with the economy crash. If they were selling finished furniture made from their mil led product, they might have a chance with income from lumber and furniture . But the small guys with the large Wood Mizer and a bobcat with fork on i t are just about completely gone. Very sad.

But - got one more guy for you, and he might fit your bill if this is to be a "legacy piece". More details later, but he is the only guy left around that doesn't have a standing "I'll buy everything you cut that is over 1 1/

2" thick".

I don't have his info with me, but we had a long talk today about sawing an d milling lumber, drying techniques, the idiosyncrasies of mesquite, etc. Hopefully he will be in San Antonio in the next week or two, and we are thi nking we need to have lunch as he will be starting up a new venture here in San Antonio. He knows the right guys and says all the right things to make me happy, and his main yard isn't quite the drive you would have from Hous ton to get to here. Also, he runs his own mill and has BIG pieces of mesqu ite. No one has BIG pieces of mesquite.

Anyway, the last piece of info will be off to you later in the morning on T hu as I am on Kathy's now and don't have his contact info with me.

I have worked with mesquite a fair amount and would be glad to share what I have learned about the wood anytime. Call me before you place your order (if you want) and I can tell you what I have found about grading of the woo d and how to work occlusions and wind shake.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks again Robert!