Ping Bill

Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on spam blacklists.
On 9/21/2012 5:44 AM, Markem wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. My updated version of Thunderbird does not seem to be behaving like the old. I have to figure out what the new problem is.
On 9/21/2012 9:37 AM, Bill wrote:

I figured it out, I think. The new incarnation of Thunderbird substituted the "Reply To Group" button with a "Forward" button. "Reply" replies by email. Maybe that will help someone.
On 9/21/2012 8:05 AM, Bill wrote:

Hadn't noticed that, but mainly because I mostly lurk. Thanks for the "heads up". The "Followup" button sends your reply to the newsgroup.
Matt
On 9/21/2012 12:10 PM, Matt wrote:

Yes, thank you!
On 9/21/12 12:15 PM, Bill wrote:

I only use Thunderbird for newsgroups, I prefer a different app for my email, I customize the toolbar with previous and next buttons fo skipping to the next unread post, and delete the buttons related to email. I don't even set up any email accounts within TB so there is no chance of my accidentally emailing anyone.
--
Froz...

On 9/21/2012 12:38 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

That is smart! The more email accounts you acquire, the more complicated it gets! %-)
I like your idea of customizing the toolbar. I'll look into that.
Bill
On 9/21/2012 10:05 AM, Bill wrote:

Don't click the icon, simply right click the post and select "Followup to Newsgroup".