PING Bay Area Dave

Hi, I was at the woodworking show n I ordered that Powermatic 14"CS bandsaw....had a local guy order it at show price, so in case i gotta take it back, he,ll be close. Was yours hard to set up.....about 3 wks.....can,t wait.....

Reply to
George Berlinger

George,

The ONLY thing that was tricky was setting up the aux table behind the main table so that is dead-on flush. I didn't have my cool 5" Guaranteed Square yet, so by using a 2 1/2" machinist's square to eyeball that the table was perpendicular to the blade, it turns out it was off a tad. That tad resulting in another round of adjustments. It's weird to adjust because there are 4 bolts pulling it down and 4 pushing it up. Much trial and error.

The rest of it is a breeze.

Here's how I got the saw on top of the cabinet.

  1. Pushed the cabinet against a wall so it can't move backwards.
  2. Take a sturdy piece of ply or boards and set them up as a ramp.
  3. Take firm hold of the saw and just slide it up the ramp, onto the top of the cabinet. It's way easier than two guys lifting it straight up off the floor. I've done this 4 different times (I had the unfortunate luck to have bought the Delta and that entailed 3 set ups itself). The ramp is my favorite gravity beater.

Put the little bracket for the air nozzle on the top 10MM bolt that holds the blade guard to the front of the upper guide bar. The instructions don't show or explain that detail.

The little plastic J hook that goes on the front of the cabinet is for rolled up blades, BTW.

Let me know how you like it. Three weeks! A late Christmas present to yourself, huh? :)

dave

George Berl> Hi, I was at the woodworking show n I ordered that Powermatic 14"CS

Reply to
Bay Area Dave