Ping ! Bay Area Dave

Hey Dave, ya blow yourselve up yet with the new spraygun?

Reply to
FOW

hey, howyadoing?? That sucker works mighty fine, but boy it'll break the bank if you want additional tips and caps! I got quoted OVER a C-note for a set of 4 tips/1 nozzle/1 cap. something like $120+ ... I tuned out after the first couple of items were priced for me. I think Compliant will send individual tips instead of 4-packs.

anyway, I've run poly (Yuck -- slow to dry and messy), shellac, lacquer through it and can't imagine it being any better than it is. It's pretty nice in my hand and the only thing I wish is that I had a pressure pot or a gravity feed gun for doing horizontal surfaces, but I can manage ok. Quality of the spray is outstanding. Sure beats my other gun.

I got some Enduro amber tint poly and sealer to use as soon as the weather cooperates. I've been wanting to finish the desk since the day before turkey day, but events have conspired to deny me! I also got the Enduro catalyst and flow-out. I haven't sprayed any of that stuff yet.

I turned off the heater pilot light a couple of times, but I think I forgot to turn it off when using shellac. :) I had the big door open anyway, so it didn't build up in the shop anywho.

Finally snagged a double melamine blade today. hope it works as advertised.

What are you up to? Every time I tried that stupid Hotmail it didn't work, so don't waste your time emailing me there.

dave

FOW wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave