Pillar Drill / Drill Press

Hi,
I need to do some vertical drilling for various projects, and I need either a drill stand (for 18) which I could place my drill, OR a pillar drill (for 30) I am unsure which is better, Sammy
Sam Berlyn did say:

Depends on their construction of course, but generally speaking a pillar drill (drill press to us yanks) is going to be more robust and precise.
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:51:37 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"

You may have better luck then I did, but I tried 2 different models of drill stands that friends had, with 3 different drills... None of my drills really fit the holders very well and I had a lot of alignment problems... never did get a really reliable, square-to-the-surface hole drilled with them...
If the drill press/pillar drill is affordable, I'd suggest giving it a go... not only more durable and precise, but you get to use your drill for other jobs.. YMMV