Phone in the shop?

Page 2 of 2
George wrote:

Thanks!
I carry a clear plastic Ziploc sandwich bag when cycling that contains my license, insurance info, kin and primary Dr. contact info, some basic medical info (like "No known med allergies" and my blood type) and $10. I never knew you guys can't open that.
I teach cycling classes, and will make sure to add the necklace reminder to the course. I've had cops in the classes on many occasions, and they hadn't mentioned the property angle, so this is great stuff to know.

I have to believe though that if one is receiving medical attention and the cause of the distress is not apparent, then an EMT or a doctor in an emerge will see if there's any information in a wallet. In actuality, I've seen it happen while waiting for treatment in an emergency ward.
Of course, it's up here in Canada I've seen it so I don't know how the same emergency personnel would act down in the US where lawsuits are more commonplace. As far as the bracelet goes, I tried one for a short period on my wrist and it kept getting caught when I was rolling around in my wheelchair. The neck type was irritating, so I don't wear any med alert stuff and have all the necessary information in my wallet. Maybe I'm at risk, but so be it, I've taken all the precautions I'm willing to take.
wrote in message

We have an "implied consent" statute which covers the unconscious, and all minors in absence of parent, but it's strictly for medical treatment. I've used it a few times, even waiting until a patient I knew was about to crash did so so I could treat them. Cops, on the other hand, can do things like put people in protective custody if they seem a danger to themselves or others, determine if they're too drunk to give "informed consent," and do the same with their personal property.
Patient belongings are routinely collected in the Emergency Department, but I wouldn't want to be the caregiver of record when someone claims they had fifteen hundred bucks in their wallet before I picked them up!

In my case they'd have a fun time trying to guess the PIN before it locks down hard.
/Par
--
Par snipped-for-privacy@hunter-gatherer.org
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in places even more inaccessible
Par wrote:

Come to think of it, my phone also locks after a period of inactivity.
Wed, Aug 1, 2007, 5:36am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth wisely counsel: ICE is frozen water. Since it's capitolized, it's being emphasized in some matter, such as ICE CREAM! <snip>
Mmmm, ice cream. Best explaination I'v had in quite awhile. Mmmm ice cream. LOL Thanks.
Puckdropper wrote:
| ICE is frozen water. Since it's capitolized, it's being emphasized | in some matter, such as ICE CREAM!
Better hope not - if it's capitolized, add it to the list of things the legislature has grabbed for itself.

You've got a vonage box, with a wired connection to the wireless base-station, no?
If so just run that same wiring out to the 'same old' flashing light in the shop.
Or did you have some kind of 'ultra fancy' light that reacted to the -sound- of a ringing phone nearby -- as distinct from something that reacted to the ringing signal on the phone wire?
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote in wrote:

Vonage MAY NOT have that signal identified in their box. Not all VoIP services do. You'd likely want to check, if it were important to you.
Patriarch

signal 'identified'? *WHAT* signal??
Anything that supports a POTS phone uses a standard 2-wire connection to the phone.
If the Vonage adapter will ring a _phone_ plugged into it, it *WILL* activate any other 'direct connect to the telephone wiring' device that reacts to ringing. Such a device 'looks like' a regular POTS phone to whatever is on the other end of the wiring..
Radio shack used to sell 'em, under the name "Fone Flasher", to mention one of the most widely available ones. Unfortunately, it seems to have been discontinued several years ago.

Our cordless setup has a flasher on the handset to let you know that the phone is ringing, if you can't hear it... As most of the time I DON'T hear it, I'm glad that it also blinks when someone leaves a message..
When we lived in the States, I had the base unit in the shop, so that I could use a ringer/flasher from radio shack... now, I just let the wife answer it, it's usually for her anyway.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Our VOIP from Charter Net came with a box that took the CABLE input and provided the POTS (tip and ting?) connector to which we simply attached our existing phone wires. We did NOT have to change phones, nor ringers, flashers, fax nor answering machine to get the service. Maybe you should call the VONAGE folks and complain. They may have a solution as he feature is BIG FOR DEAF PEOPLE which is a handicap and likely covered by some statute(s) somewhere.

Tip and Ring. Think phone plug, one conductor is connected to the tip, the other to the ring. Old convention Red = Ring = Right. (the red (ring) conductor would be on the right side of a connection block).
scott
My Panasonic cordless phone (plugged into my vonage network adapter) has a light on the end of the antenna that flashes when the phone rings. IIRC the phones were pretty cheap at Circuit City.