Pergola Ideas Anyone?

Greetings All, I'll be building a deck in a few weeks and will be topping it off with a pergola. I've picked up a few deck design books and the deck is finished (design wise). As for the pergola, I would like to get a little fancy with some joinery, possibly pegged M&T, even if the pegs are just for show. But I definitely want to add corner brackets for rigidity. I'm in the middle of googling and next I'll probably visit TNYW, IIRC he did one for his show or for TOH.
Does anyone have a source for inspiration (JOAT?) or maybe even a few pix of a job you'd like to brag about? We all know WW'ers like to brag. ;-)                 Thanks for taking your time to help ,                 Mark L.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Google in alt.home.repair as ther have been several posts on the topic lately.

βœ–
I should have mentioned that I was going to post there also.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Wed, Aug 11, 2004, 1:40pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Mark L.) <snip> Does anyone have a source for inspiration (JOAT?) <snip> Best I can give ya is, try google. I ran across plans for one the other day - I was looking for boat stuff.
JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.
GREEN ONIONS http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/download.php?d_id=12/green.mid
Add pictures here
βœ–
New Yankee Workshop has plans with accompanying video for a Pergola. I have also seen plans in ourdoor projects books at my local library. I'm also sure that you could also find appropriate books at Amazon plus Barnes & Noble and Borders Bookstore - which also have web pages.
Luck, Michael
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12 Aug 2004 21:26:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MHaseltine) wrote:
<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=pergola
TONS of ideas. Since dimensions aren't critical, find a photo and build it to a size that looks right.
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–
Norm's doesn't use M&T (surprise). Take a look at some timber frame sites. It's not hard and it looks great and holds up forever. A very good reference is 'A Timber Framer's Workshop' by Steve Chappel.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com