Performax 22-44 Pro Drum Sander??

Can someone explain the discrepancies below?
Performax 22-44 Plus Drum Sander sell for $379.99
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_22-44_Pro_110v_Drum_Sander/display_~latest_prices/pa_~1
A Performax 16-32 Plus Drum Sander sell for $799.99
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_16-32_Plus_110v_Drum_Sander
Amazon has had other price glitches on their web site. Not long ago they offered the Porter Cable 31/4 HP Router under cost by mistake and PC backed them on it. I'd order one if I were you and see if they live up to the offer. Its at least 3 or 4 hundred under cost.

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_22-44_Pro_110v_Drum_Sa nder/display_~latest_prices/pa_~1
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_16-32_Plus_110v_Drum_S ander
Ops, when I went to Amazon and clicked 'Add to Cart' all the sudden the item popped up at $1999.95. I guess us poor old woodworkers are just going to have to wait for the deal of the century on the 22-44.

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_22-44_Pro_110v_Drum_Sa
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_16-32_Plus_110v_Drum_S
In rec.woodworking

You can get that for $379 but it isn't a drum sander, it is a surface sander that attaches to a radial arm saw.
On Thu, 20 May 2004 06:19:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

Oops, I guess I almost blew it! Let say, if I buy this surface sander attachment (I presume comes with the belt feeder) and if I can improvise an attachment to an electrical motor blah, blah.... Isn't that still worth the CHEAP $379, or I could buy a CHEAP used radial arm saw to attach it?
Anyone here bought one?

I checked into doing this too. The feeder is NOT included. I believe it is priced around the same as the attachment. I didn't see enough savings to be worth the trouble. If you go for it let us know the outcome.
Zeke
Look it up at Amazon, the feed table is not included. It is another $379.
Walter H. Klaus
(Bruce) wrote:

belt
used
The 22-44 for $379 is a drum sander ATTACHMENT KIT that goes on a radial arm saw...
JeffB
WD wrote:

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_Tools-All-Performax_22-44_Pro_110v_Drum_Sander/display_~latest_prices/pa_~1
The 22-44 sander I see listed in the link below is NOT a standalone sander, but rather is designed to be attached to a radial arm saw (obviously not included). It is still $379 on Amazon.