Peppermills

Try contacting snipped-for-privacy@allthingspepper.com -- he's the sole US distributor for a different kind of peppermill mechanism. He was a member of the Arizona Association of Fine Woodworkers and really produced some neat peppermills. He recently relocated to Oregon -- believe the Portland area. He has a really neat web page that describes the mechanism, but for the life of me, can't find it right now.
Herb Robinson wrote:

Tree hunnert n fiddy dollahs for a ten-inch peppermill???
http://allthingspepper.com/Mills/amboyna.php

Well it's more than _I_ would spend on pepper, that's for sure. It doesn't seem unreasonable for "nice thing made out of amboyna", just that maybe it's overgrind for most people's peppery necessities.
Wonder what he'd charge for one of those "bad Italian restaurant" mills that are the size of the waiter ?

Prolly thuddy dollahs ahinch.
I believe he was selling the mechanism for $15.00.
-- he's the sole US

Herb Robinson wrote:

http://allthingspepper.com/ATPNew/Tooling/mechanisms.php Joe