Palm Router - Any good ones?

I'm looking for a palm router/laminate trimmer that has a base with less flex than the Porter Cable. Any suggestions?
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

People seem to like the Bosch Colt. Doesn't look flexy at all to me.
Jay Pique wrote:

Which PC is "flexy"? They make several models.
B A R R Y wrote:

7310.
JP
B A R R Y wrote:

Yeah I just looked at the PC 310 and really like the looks of it a lot more. I'm thinking that's prolly the way to go.
JP
Where are you finding a 310? All I can find is a 7310.

I ordered one through Rockler, because they would do that for me. It was a pain for them, though. And this was before the B&D merger.
www.allprotools.com has them, $25 cheaper than amazon.
Patriarch
Thanks.

I have a PC 7310, and understand what you mean, I think. That's ome reason I bought a PC 310, and older, sturdier, more expensive, design.
I also bought a Bosch palm router, PR20EVSK, which works pretty well.
None of them is perfect, however. You have to pay attention with all of them, or get some funky results.
BTW, both of my PC laminate trimmers have subbases on them I got from Pat Warner. That helps a LOT! www.patwarner.com
Patriarch
Jay Pique wrote:

I wrote the first question about the Colt here on the newsgroup about a 1 1/2 years ago. I picked up the first one from the rep in the area (Detroit MI area). Have used it for over a year and can say it is a real nice router. Has all the adjustments that the others (except the PC 310) lack. I don't use it as a laminate trimmer, but as a palm router.
Doesn't it hurt to route your palm?
I don't use it as a laminate trimmer, but as a palm

Got some sensitive palm trees in your area do you?
Mine scream. :)
wrote in message

I like the one that starts out "Thou I walk through the valley of death......."
--
Roger J.

A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke !
Roger M. wrote:

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am the meanest, toughest son-of-a-bitch in the valley.     spasm,     jo4hn