A palm router.

I obhtug one o' them there Katsu routers. Anyone else got one, and experience to relate? This with 1/4" and 3/8" collets, intended use in conjunction with Mighton's TCT 2mm slot cutter for applying weather stripping to timber windows & doors an other light endeavours.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I've got the Makita (which I presume it's a knock-off of) have mostly used it for roundover bits, but sure it's capable of more ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

You forget yourself, sir! This is uk.d-i-y, not Sheds. AIUI, we don't do ROT13; although we do do acronyms, big time.

John

Reply to
Another John

Ah, but is it rot13, or an anagram?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It isn't BuddCrypt, that would be 'obguth'.

Reply to
Mr Ön!on

My goodness, I hadn't even realised. I looked in the shed not long ago, after decades of absence, and must have caught something here. The place is unrecognisable.

Apologies.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is the query specific to palm routers, or that particular model?

Slot cutter should be fine (and in some way is less unintuitive[1] to use in a fixed base router than a plunge one)

[1] I find them quite easy to mess up bits of wood with by forgetting that you can't use any kind of plunge action with them, and need to place them on to the reference surface without having a lump out of it, then sliding into the cut, then cutting, then sliding out, and finally removing from the reference surface also with having a lump out of it!
Reply to
John Rumm

That particular machine. A Katsu 1/4 & 3/8" palm router.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is there a name for words that consist entirely of rot13 inverse pairs?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Can't give you any specifics in which case. Chances are it will be much the same as most budget routers - adequate but perhaps a little rough at times. (probably better for being fixed base rather than plunge)

Reply to
John Rumm